1936 Austin Seven Ruby
The Collection’s Exhibit
This exhibit was built in 1935. It differs from other Austin Seven models in The Collection as this is a saloon version. It was purchased in 1935 at the November Motor Show by a Mr Ring, from Romford, bought from him by Mr S Cooper in early 1960 and finally passed to his son Edward (Ted) Cooper in 1970.
Its overall condition was excellent, having been stored under cover since the early 1970’s. A general spruce up, minor mechanical repairs to the engine followed by a respray in original colours, was all that was required and was carried out at Old Warden by volunteers from the SVAS.
Ted Cooper generously donated this car to The Collection in 2007.