1949 DHC Chipmunk T.22

The Collection’s exhibit

The Collection’s Chipmunk is a DHC Chipmunk 22 built in 1952 and is displayed in the training livery of the Royal Canadian Air Force,. It was acquired from its Yorkshire-based owner, David Horsley, in March 2000 with funds donated by the Shuttleworth Veteran Aeroplane Society.

The Collection still uses the Chipmunk for its original purpose: all new pilots at The Collection must complete a season flying the Chipmunk (or Tiger Moth or Magister) before moving on to other aircraft.

laa_supported

browse the Aircraft Collection