1925 DH60 Cirrus Moth

This exhibit

Built in 1925, this Moth was flown by Alan Cobham to the Lancashire Aero Club at Woodford in Cheshire, from where it passed through various owners until it was damaged at Castle Bromwich in 1939.

Stored during WWII, G-EBLV was later restored to airworthiness in the early 1950s by apprentices at the de Havilland Technical School at Panshanger in Hertfordshire, from where it was flown to Hatfield and the care of British Aerospace.

The aircraft is now a permanent part of the Collection’s de Havilland exhibits; it is the earliest flying Moth in the world, and the 8th pre-production model. It is owned by BAE systems.

bae_systems-logo  laa_supported

browse the Aircraft Collection

browse the Aircraft Collection