1937 Miles Magister

The Collection’s exhibit

The Collection’s Magister was built in 1939 and entered service with the RAF as P6382. However, when it was acquired in 1971 it bore the bogus civil registration G-AJDR.

The logbook revealed an earlier change of fuselage (to which an aeroplane’s identity is attached) to that of P6382 which had never borne a civil registration so it has now been registered G-AJRS.

It was restored to flying condition by Shuttleworth apprentices using components from three other specimens and is one of only four airworthy examples in the world.

laa_supported

browse the Aircraft Collection