The Collection’s exhibit
This Railton was acquired by Richard Shuttleworth in the late 1930s and by1939 he’d started to build it as a two seater open sports car. After his death in 1940, Dorothy had it completed by Blanchflowers of Kettering and used it to commute to London for her work with the Red Cross.
The car was sold in 1952, but in 1976 it was purchased by Richard Shuttleworth’s niece, Princess Charlotte Hohenlohe von Langenberg, who had the car restored and exhibited in her husband`s motor museum in the Schloss Langenberg in Germany.
It was purchased and returned to The Collection in late 1998.