1870’s Clayton & Shuttleworth No.2 Saw Bench

This saw bench is of Clayton & Shuttleworth Company’s No. 2 pattern and was built around 1880. Its early history is unknown, but it was purchased from Deebles Saw Mill, Chacewater, Cornwall in the 1980s by David Solomon and rebuilt.  It has been fitted on a replica carriage using original Clayton & Shuttleworth wheels.  There are several original Clayton Shuttleworth & Co. drawings of these saw benches within the collection of drawings owned by the Trust. This example was donated to the Trust as part of the David Solomon Legacy in 2018.

browse the Agriculturals