1929 Southern Martlet

The Collection’s exhibit

This aircraft, G-AAYX, was owned for a number of years by F G Miles who used it as a personal mount while based at Woodley near Reading.

Having been stored during WWII, the Martlet was acquired by the Butlin’s organisation and used to give displays for holiday makers, notably at their Broomhall camp in Pwllheli, Wales.

The aircraft was then stored again for over thirty years, since when it has undergone an extensive restoration programme by the Shuttleworth Collection’s engineering staff and members of the SVAS. It flew again on 25th September 2000.

laa_supported

browse the Aircraft Collection