1931 DH82a Tiger Moth

The Collection’s exhibit

This aircraft was originally T6818 in RAF service and was built by Morris Motors at Cowley, Oxford in 1944. Little is known of its wartime service but after the war it was registered as G-ANKT.

It was acquired by the Collection in 1966 and was rebuilt by two former engineering apprentices at Old Warden, using many components from two other Tiger Moths.

It has been completely overhauled and re-covered and is finished in the colours of the Royal Air Force Central Flying School Aerobatic Team, showing K2585.

laa_supported

browse the Aircraft Collection