1912 Wolseley M5

The Collection’s Exhibit

Delivered to the Shuttleworth family in July 1912, this was the first car to be purchased by Frank Shuttleworth, Richard’s father. It was the family’s personal car and used for many years, including for taking the numerous guests visiting the house and their luggage to and from Biggleswade station. Restored in the late 1980s, the total distance covered is believed to be less than 10,000 miles.

It is believed, although not proved, that Dorothy Shuttleworth may have learned to drive in this car.

This car may be available for wedding hire.

browse the Vehicle Collection