Sunday 7 August 2016
The Edwardian Pageant will celebrate the fabulous vintage aircraft that are at the heart of The Collection, some of which were collected and owned by Richard Shuttleworth himself, or which have been preserved in his memory. It is this event on our calendar that keeps alive the passion of this Collection. Our airshow will highlight The Collection’s aircraft at their best, and showcase why it is so important to keep these historic aircraft airworthy.
Visiting acts will be drawn from the WWI era so expect to step back in time today,so it will be a special pleasure for those who enjoy the early years of aviation and transport. If we can make it fly, drive and ride, we will, so enjoy watching the very heart of the Shuttleworth Collection on display!
*Flying is weather dependant
- Fokker Triplane (Breighton)
- BE2E (WAHT)
- Albatros (WAHT)
- Sopwith Snipe (WAHT)
- Mew Gull (David Beale)
- Calidus (Peter Davies)
- Bristol Scout (David Bremner)
- Tiger 9 formation team
- BBMF Spitfire – flypast
- PROVISIONAL – DH2
- PROVISIONAL – DH9
All aircraft are provisional and may be subject to change.
- Model T Ford
- Arrol Johnston
- 1912 Standard
- 1911 Austin
- Steam Fire Engine
- Marot Gardan
- Bean Car Club
- Live Music with Alexandra Jones
- ‘Make & paint’ with Airfix & IPMS Brampton (free)
- Swiss Garden tours at 12.00 and 15.00 (free)
- Flightline tours at 10.00, 10.30, 11.00, 11.30 (book at SVAS stand)
- The Shuttleworth Re-enactor Historians
- Pilot’s chat: Bristol F2.b
- Vehicle parade: Featured vehicles Arroll Johnston, and Marot Gardan
- The House is open from 10.00-14.00. Visitors can explore rooms with House stewards available to answer questions about the history of The House and the Shuttleworth family.*
*Please note that access to The House is via the Swiss Garden. The underpass is cobbled and currently unsuitable for wheelchairs.
9.00 – Gates open
12.00 – Vehicle parades
14.00 – Flying Display begins
17.40 – Approximate end of display
The restaurant, visitor centre and gift shop are open for the duration of the event and close 30 minutes after the end of the flying display.
Event commentator: George Ellis.
Parking is free, and disabled parking is available.
Dogs on leads are permitted outside on-site but are not allowed in hangars, restaurant, Visitor Centre, and Swiss Garden (assistance dogs are the exception).
Smoking in permitted in designated areas only.
No commercial filming or photography is allowed without permission.
- 11.30 – leaves from Biggleswade train station
- 18.00 – leaves Shuttleworth for return journey
- Adult – £9.50 return or £5.00 single (pay on the bus)
- Children under 16 free
Discount for groups of 10+ people, available to book until Tuesday 2 August 2016. Please email Helen Woods or call 01767 627924 (Mon-Frid, 9.00-17.00).
On the day gate prices
Adult – £28
Child under 16 – Free (max 4 per adult)
SVAS – £16
Exemptions (Free entry)
Pilot (only) of a pre-1945 aircraft have free entry (occupants must pay). You must pre-book a PPR slot.
Pilot and up to two occupants free for a pre-1945 twin engine aircraft. You must pre-book a PPR slot.
Online Booking (Closes 18.00 Saturday 6 August)
By booking an SVAS ticket you are agreeing that you are a current member of the SVAS with a current membership card that will be valid on the date of this event. Failure to show your valid card on the gate in conjunction with this ticket will render you liable to pay the additional monies up to the value of a non SVAS member.