Sunday 4 June 2017
After the success of last year’s Fly Navy day we’re hosting it again by popular demand. With a focus on naval heritage aircraft from the early 1900s to 1960s today will also be about appreciating the work of Fly Navy Heritage Trust, who have secured a memorable line-up of extraordinary and historic aircraft for an outstanding show.
The visiting line-up features some truly wonderful aircraft including the classic Fleet Air Arm Cold War fighter owned by the Fly Navy Heritage Trust, including the Sea Vixen and Skyraider. Expect to see also David Bremner’s Bristol Scout, and Richard Grace’s Seafire 3 displaying here today.
Aircraft from The Fighter Collection will include the Hawker Nimrod, Grumman Wildcat FM2, Grumman F8F-2P Bearcat, and their Goodyear Corsair FG-1D. Not forgetting the highly impressive Merlin and Wildcat helicopters as static display exhibits.
Shuttleworth Discovery zone with Diving equipment and ‘dress the diver’, hands on activities, and Young people in aviation YES stand. Make and Paint from IPMS Brampton and Airfix will be offering 1/72 scale models of the Mitsubishi A6M (Navy Type 0) otherwise known as the Mitsubishi Zero. Operated by the Imperial Japanese Navy throughout WW2, and certainly in the early years of the conflict the best performing Naval fighter aircraft of any combatant nation.
VISITING AIRCRAFT (PROVISIONAL)
• Sea Vixen
• Seafire 3
• Westland Wasp (Terry Martin)
• Westland Wasp
• Hawker Nimrod (Historic Aircraft Collection)
• Hawker Nimrod (The Fighter Collection)
• Morane MS317
• T6 Texan
• Bristol Scout
• Dragon Rapide
• Avro 504K Replica
• Grumman Wildcat
• Grumman Bearcat
• Goodyear Corsair
• Hawker Fury MK11
• Merlin (static)
• Wildcat (static)
• Hawker Sea Hurricane
• Avro Anson
• Hawker Demon
• Tiger Moth
• Miles Magister
• Avro Tutor
• DH60 Moth
• Westland Lysander
• Sopwith Pup
• Bristol F2b
• Sopwith Triplane
• Bristol Boxkite
- Pilots chat: Sopwith Pup
- The Umbrella BigBand
- Swiss Garden tour
- Flight training simulator with the Biggleswade Air Squadron
- Hawker Hunter GA.11 WV381 cockpit– owner David Webb. David will be offering the chance for people to sit inside the cockpit and learn more about the aircraft during the event.
- Biggleswade Sea Cadets
- 9.00 – Gates Open
- 9.30 – Live Music from Brian Johnson
- 10.00-14.00 – Shuttleworth Discovery Zone activities for all ages, Airfix & IPMS Make & Paint, Biggleswade Air Sqaudron flight training simulator.
- 10.00-14.00 – The House open to visitors
- 10.00-14.00 – Vintage bus rides (free)
- 10.15-11.00 – Live music from The Umbrella BigBand
- 11.00-11.15 – Pilot Chat (Visiting) David Bremner with the Bristol Scout
- 11.15-11.30 – Pilot Chat Sopwith Pup
- 12.00-12.45 – Vehicle Parade
- 12.00 – Swiss Garden tour (free)
- 13.00-13.45 – Live music from The Umbrella BigBand
- 14.00 – Flying begins
- 18.00 – Event ends: 18.00
- 11.00 – Arrival at Biggleswade train station
- 17.30 – Departure from Shuttleworth
- Return: £9.50
- Single: £5.00
- Child: FOC
Season Ticket 2017
The 2017 season ticket is available for £150 Adult or £125 SVAS. To purchase email enquiries or call 01767 627933.
Season tickets will be sent out by the end of March 2017.
- £30 – Adult
- Free – Child (up to four per paying customer)
- £17 – SVAS (with proof of a valid SVAS card)