Sunday 3 June 2018
Time: 9.00 – 18.00
Air display: 14:00
Location: Old Warden Aerodrome, SG18 9EP
Fly Navy is a celebration of naval heritage aircraft from the early 1900s to 1960s. This event is supported by the outstanding work of Fly Navy Heritage Trust, who have secured a memorable line-up of extraordinary and historic aircraft for a thrilling show.
The pilot chat is about the BAE systems owned Avro Anson, with its new colour scheme.
Follow the Richard Shuttleworth trail (download the app), enjoy live music, explore the activities in our children’s discovery zone, take a free ride on vintage buses, explore the Swiss Garden and The House, and enjoy craft activities for children in the Swiss Garden, and make a free aircraft model with Airfix & IPMS Brampton ‘Make & Paint’.
With great food on sale, and Souvenir programmes available from the gate and Visitor centre, don’t miss out!
- Aircraft to be confirmed
Click here and join our Facebook event to be notified about aircraft announcements.
- Live Music: Betty Bluebird
- Veteran & Vintage vehicle parade
- Pilot chat: Avro Anson
- Make & Paint models for all ages & Shuttleworth Discover Zone
- Swiss Garden tour
- Swiss Garden crafts for kids: Butterflies
- Explore The House
- Vintage bus rides
- Richard Shuttleworth trail
- UK Junior Gliding stand, Glider and BGA gliding simulator
- Tomahawk Flight Sim and Pedal Planes (Joystick Club)
- Dawn Patrol (Team of World War 1 enthusiasts with1/3rd scale radio controlled models of the significant designs used by the Allies and Central Powers during the 1914 – 1918 war)
- Flight line tours, running every 15 minutes from 10-11 (£10)
- Event Commentators – Ben Dunnell & Stephen Slater
- 9.00 – Gates open
- 10.00-14.00 – The House open
- 11.00-11.15 – Pilot Chat
- 12.00-12.45 – Vehicle Parade
- 12.00-13.00 – Swiss Garden tour
- 14.00 – Air display
- 18.00 – Approximate end of event
What you should know
- Stay overnight in our Camping and Caravan pitches, or Bed & Breakfast can be booked at The House (subject to availability)
- Parking is free, disabled parking is available for blue badge holders. Coach parking also available
- Dogs on leads are welcome on site. Only assistance dogs are allowed inside the hangars, Swiss Garden, The House, and Restaurant/Gift Shop
- No commercial filming or photography is allowed without prior written permission from Shuttleworth’s PR and Marketing team
- The restaurant, visitor centre and gift shop are open for the duration of the event and close 30 minutes after the end of the flying display
- Free Wifi
- £30 – Adult
- Free – Child* (up to four per paying customer)
- £18 – SVAS (with proof of a valid SVAS card)
*Age 15 and under.
- The 2018 season ticket is available for £150 Adult or £125 SVAS
- Groups of 10+ people attending together £23pp, available until Friday 25 May.
To purchase the season ticket or make a group booking email enquiries or call 01767 627 933 (Mon-Fri, 09.00-17.00).
Free event entry eligibility
Pre-1945 aircraft: Pilot only, passengers must buy an event ticket. Pre-booked PPR slot essential, pilots must read and accept our airfield terms and conditions.
Pre-1945 twin engine aircraft: Pilot and up to two passengers. Pre-booked PPR slot essential, pilots must read and accept our airfield terms and conditions.