Sunday 2 September 2018
Time: 9.00 – 18.00
Air display: 14:00
Location: Old Warden Aerodrome, SG18 9EP
*Age 15 and under. Group rate and gate price can be found below.
The Shuttleworth Collection exists today because of Richard Shuttleworth’s love and passion for collecting and restoring vintage aircraft and veteran vehicles, preserved after his death by his mother Dorothy. Herself an impressive woman, dedicated to education and the surrounding community, Dorothy’s own story is that of a pretty extraordinary woman!
Today’s event celebrates the contribution of women to aviation, engineering, and to Shuttleworth through an air display of Collection aircraft, and ground show that includes agricultural exhibits, vehicle display, and exhibition at The House.
Follow the Extraordinary women heritage trail, and the Richard Shuttleworth trail (download the app), enjoy live music, explore the activities in our children’s discovery zone, take a free ride on vintage buses, explore the Swiss Garden and The House, and enjoy craft activities for children in the Swiss Garden, and make a free aircraft model with Airfix & IPMS Brampton ‘Make & Paint’.
- Aircraft to be confirmed
All aircraft listings are provisional and may be subject to change.
- Live Music: Perfect Vintage
- Veteran & Vintage vehicle parade
- Pilot chat: Desoutter
- Make & Paint models for all ages & Shuttleworth Discover Zone
- Swiss Garden tour
- Swiss Garden crafts for kids: Dragonflies and Bees model making
- Explore The House
- Vintage bus rides
- Richard Shuttleworth trail
- UK Junior Gliding stand, Glider and BGA gliding simulator
- Tomahawk Flight Sim and Pedal Planes (Joystick Club)
- Dawn Patrol (Team of World War 1 enthusiasts with1/3rd scale radio controlled models of the significant designs used by the Allies and Central Powers during the 1914 – 1918 war)
- Event Commentators – Mark Whall & Trevor Graham
- 9.00 – Gates open
- 10.00-14.00 – The House open
- 11.00-11.15 – Pilot Chat
- 12.00-12.45 – Vehicle Parade
- 12.00-13.00 – Swiss Garden tour
- 14.00 – Air display
- 18.00 – Approximate end of event
What you should know
- Stay overnight in our Camping and Caravan pitches, or Bed & Breakfast can be booked at The House (subject to availability)
- Parking is free, disabled parking is available for blue badge holders. Coach parking also available
- Dogs on leads are welcome on site. Only assistance dogs are allowed inside the hangars, Swiss Garden, The House, and Restaurant/Gift Shop
- No commercial filming or photography is allowed without prior written permission from Shuttleworth’s PR and Marketing team
- The restaurant, visitor centre and gift shop are open for the duration of the event and close 30 minutes after the end of the flying display
- Free Wifi
- £30 – Adult
- Free – Child* (up to four per paying customer)
- £18 – SVAS (with proof of a valid SVAS card)
*Age 15 and under.
- The 2018 season ticket is available for £150 Adult or £125 SVAS
- Groups of 10+ people attending together £23pp, available until Friday 24 August
To purchase the season ticket or make a group booking email enquiries or call 01767 627 933 (Mon-Fri, 09.00-17.00).
Free event entry eligibility
Pre-1945 aircraft: Pilot only, passengers must buy an event ticket. Pre-booked PPR slot essential, pilots must read and accept our airfield terms and conditions.
Pre-1945 twin engine aircraft: Pilot and up to two passengers. Pre-booked PPR slot essential, pilots must read and accept our airfield terms and conditions.