Sunday 1 July 2018
Time: 9.00 – 18.00
Air display: 14:00
Location: Old Warden Aerodrome, SG18 9EP
*Age 15 and under. Group rate and gate price can be found below.
Shuttleworth’s Military Pageant is dedicated to recognising the contribution of our Armed Forces – past and present. We are proud that The Collection is home to the largest and most impressive collection of genuine airworthy First World War aircraft in Europe and some of the sole remaining airworthy aircraft of their type including a Hawker Sea Hurricane, Hawker Tomtit and Avro Tutor.
Expect to see a fantastic gathering of Military aircraft and visiting military vehicles, with a flying display featuring visiting aircraft and a selection from The Collection. The pilot chat is about the only genuine WWI SE5a still flying, and which has a combat kill the day be before Armistice Day.
Follow the Richard Shuttleworth trail (download the app), enjoy live music, explore the activities in our children’s discovery zone, take a free ride on vintage buses, explore the Swiss Garden and The House, and enjoy craft activities for children in the Swiss Garden, and make a free aircraft model with Airfix & IPMS Brampton ‘Make & Paint’.With great food on sale, and Souvenir programmes available from the gate and Visitor centre, don’t miss out!
*Veterans aged 85 or over have free entry to the event – please let us know you are coming (contact details below).
- Aircraft to be confirmed
Click here and join our Facebook event to be notified about aircraft announcements.
- Live Music
- Veteran & Vintage vehicle parade
- Pilot chat: SE5a
- Make & Paint models for all ages & Shuttleworth Discover Zone
- Swiss Garden tour
- Swiss Garden crafts for kids: Stone painting
- Explore The House
- Vintage bus rides
- Richard Shuttleworth trail
- UK Junior Gliding stand, Glider and BGA gliding simulator
- Tomahawk Flight Sim and Pedal Planes (Joystick Club)
- Dawn Patrol (Team of World War 1 enthusiasts with1/3rd scale radio controlled models of the significant designs used by the Allies and Central Powers during the 1914 – 1918 war)
- Flight line tours, running every 15 minutes from 10-11 (£10)
- Event Commentators – Tim Callaway & John Gilder
- 9.00 – Gates open
- 10.00-14.00 – The House open
- 11.00-11.15 – Pilot Chat
- 12.00-12.45 – Vehicle Parade
- 12.00-13.00 – Swiss Garden tour
- 14.00 – Air display
- 18.00 – Approximate end of event
What you should know
- Stay overnight in our Camping and Caravan pitches, or Bed & Breakfast can be booked at The House (subject to availability)
- Parking is free, disabled parking is available for blue badge holders. Coach parking also available
- Dogs on leads are welcome on site. Only assistance dogs are allowed inside the hangars, Swiss Garden, The House, and Restaurant/Gift Shop
- No commercial filming or photography is allowed without prior written permission from Shuttleworth’s PR and Marketing team
- The restaurant, visitor centre and gift shop are open for the duration of the event and close 30 minutes after the end of the flying display
- Free Wifi
- £30 – Adult
- Free – Child* (up to four per paying customer)
- £18 – SVAS (with proof of a valid SVAS card)
*Age 15 and under.
- The 2018 season ticket is available for £150 Adult or £125 SVAS.
- Groups of 10+ people attending together £23pp, available until Friday 22 June
To purchase the season ticket or make a group booking email enquiries or call 01767 627 933 (Mon-Fri, 09.00-17.00).
Free event entry eligibility
Service veterans: Free entry if aged 85+. Please let us know you are coming via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01767 627933.
Pre-1945 aircraft: Pilot only, passengers must buy an event ticket. Pre-booked PPR slot essential, pilots must read and accept our airfield terms and conditions.
Pre-1945 twin engine aircraft: Pilot and up to two passengers. Pre-booked PPR slot essential, pilots must read and accept our airfield terms and conditions.