SUNDAY 6 MAY 2018
Time: 9.00 – 18.00
Air display: 14:00
Location: Old Warden Aerodrome, SG18 9EP
*Age 15 and under. Group rate and gate price can be found below.
Shuttleworth’s Season Premiere this year is proud to be part of the RAF 100 celebrations marking the Centenary of the Royal Air Force (RAF) throughout 2018. Expect to enjoy a thrilling air display, and ground activities with a STEM focus that will be engaging for the next generation of innovators as well as entertainment for the whole family.
The Collection’s own aircraft span 1909 through to 1950, and is home to some of the last remaining airworthy aircraft of their type. Our newly restored Spitfire is the subject of the pilot chat – don’t miss it!
Follow the Richard Shuttleworth trail (download the app), enjoy live music, explore the activities in our children’s discovery zone, take a free ride on vintage buses, explore the Swiss Garden and The House, and enjoy craft activities for children in the Swiss Garden.
With great food on sale, and Souvenir programmes available from the gate and Visitor centre, don’t miss out!
Veterans aged 85 or over have free entry to the event. Please let us know you are coming via email email@example.com or call 01767 627933.
♦ browse the Displaying Aircraft ♦
Visiting aircraft to be confirmed.
Blackburn Monoplane Type 'D'
Late model Reproduction
Avro 621 Tutor
DH82a Tiger Moth
Privately owned: Peter Holloway.
Hawker Sea Hurricane 1B
Supermarine Spitfire Vc
The Spitfire will make its debut display at our Season Premiere airshow on Sunday 6 May!
Avro C19 Anson
DHC Chipmunk T.22
Hunting (Percival) Piston Provost T.1
Visiting Aircraft to be confirmed.
Click here and join our Facebook event to be notified about aircraft announcements.
All aircraft appearances are subject to weather and serviceability. Edwardians always subject to conditions at the end of the airshow.
- Live Music: Betty Bluebird
- Veteran & Vintage vehicle parade
- Pilot chat: Supermarine spitfire
- Make & Paint models for all ages & Shuttleworth Discover Zone
- Swiss Garden tour
- Swiss Garden crafts for kids: Clay animal making
- Explore The House
- Vintage bus rides
- Richard Shuttleworth trail
- Whirlwind Fighter Project
- Tomahawk Flight Sim and Pedal Planes (Joystick Club)
- UK Junior Gliding stand, Glider and BGA gliding simulator
- Buccanneer cockpit
- Static air cadet glider
- Bofors gun static display
- Model aircraft display of 100 years of the RAF (Alec Smith)
- Event Commentators – George Ellis & Tim Callaway
- 9.00 – Gates open
- 10.00-14.00 – The House open
- 11.00-11.15 – Pilot Chat
- 12.00-12.45 – Vehicle Parade
- 12.00-13.00 – Swiss Garden tour
- 14.00 – Air display
- 18.00 – Approximate end of event
What you should know
- Dogs on leads are welcome on site. Only assistance dogs are allowed inside the hangars, Swiss Garden, The House, and Restaurant/Gift Shop
- No commercial filming or photography is allowed without prior written permission from Shuttleworth’s PR and Marketing team
- The restaurant, visitor centre and gift shop are open for the duration of the event and close 30 minutes after the end of the flying display
- Free Wifi
- £30 – Adult
- Free – Child* (up to four per paying customer)
- £18 – SVAS (with proof of a valid SVAS card)
*Age 15 and under.
- The 2018 season ticket is available for £150 Adult or £125 SVAS
- Groups of 10+ people attending together £23pp, available until Friday 27 April
To purchase the season ticket or make a group booking email enquiries or call 01767 627 933 (Mon-Fri, 09.00-17.00).
Free event entry eligibility
Service veterans: Free entry if aged 85+. Please let us know you are coming via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01767 627933.
Pre-1945 aircraft: Pilot only, passengers must buy an event ticket. Pre-booked PPR slot essential, pilots must read and accept our airfield terms and conditions.
Pre-1945 twin engine aircraft: Pilot and up to two passengers. Pre-booked PPR slot essential, pilots must read and accept our airfield terms and conditions.