With the school holidays around the corner, parents everywhere are searching for ways to keep their children entertained. Thankfully, Shuttleworth has a host of events upcoming that are guaranteed to keep you and your little ones busy.
- Chinese New Year Crafts (Monday 12 & Tuesday 13 February)
- Grow a Sunflower (Monday 9 & Tuesday 10 April)
- Brilliant Bees (Monday 28 & Tuesday 29 May)
- Make a Teddy Bear (Tuesday 24 July)
- Fabulous Fairy Doors (Tuesday 7 & 21 August)
- Lovely Leaves (Monday 22 October)
- Mushroom Making (Tuesday 23 October)
- Pancake Planes and Krazy Kites (Wednesday 14 – Friday 16 February)
- Great Egg Race (Wednesday 11 – Friday 13 April)
- Build an Aircraft (Wednesday 30 May – Friday 1 June)
- Moth Match Challenge (Tuesday 31 July)
- Expressing Speed (Tuesday 14 and Tuesday 28 August)
- Halloween Helicopters & Bonfire Blasters (Wednesday 24 – Friday 26 October)
- Chinese New Year of the Dog (10-18 February)
- Spectacular Spring trail (30 March – 17 April)
- Bees and Bugs trail (26 May – 3 June)
- Bears in the wood trail (July all month)
- Finding Fairies trail (August all month)
- Terrific Toadstool trail (20-28 October)
Why not make a weekend of it by staying on our newly launched campsite? We have pitches available for tents and motorhomes, and with water and toilets on-site you’ll have everything you need to enjoy a night under the stars in comfort.
There is a restaurant and play area, and dogs are welcomed on site (please note that as a working airfield, they will need to be kept on leads). You can read more about our campsite here.
Camping can be combined with our events, some of which are outlined below. Please take a look at our What’s On page for more details on these and to book.
Mad Hatters Tea Party – Sunday 29 April 2018
Watch Morris and Maypole dancing displays at our Mad Hatter’s Tea Party event, with opportunities to join in during timed afternoon sessions. Enjoy crafts, storytelling and, new for 2018, a magic show! Be entertained by Alice in Wonderland characters and features in the fairy-tale surroundings of the Swiss Garden – the perfect setting for fun and fantasy! Bring your own Mad Hatter picnic, and dress up if you can – mad hats at the very least!
For more information visit the Mad Hatters Tea Party event page.
Teddy Bears Picnic – Sunday 15 July 2018
Come along to our Teddy Bears Picnic and enjoy crafts, a bouncy castle, our ‘Bear Hunt’ teddy trail, face-painting, family games and fun-filled children’s activities, all in the magical surroundings of the Swiss Garden. Don’t forget your teddies, and bring a picnic!
For more information visit the Teddy Bears Picnic event page.
Please note, if you wish to camp and attend these events then you will need to purchase an event ticket when you book your camping pitch. If you do not have a valid ticket then you may not be granted access to the campsite.