With the school holidays around the corner, parents everywhere are searching for ways to keep their children entertained. Thankfully, Shuttleworth has a host of events upcoming that are guaranteed to keep you and your little ones busy.
Download our activities for kids 2018 leaflet.
- Fabulous Fairy Doors (Tuesday 7, 14 & 21 August)
- Lovely Leaves & Marvellous Mushrooms (Monday 22 – Tuesday 23 October)
- STEM activities: Try out stereoscopes, infra red cameras, and see how aerial photography worked with these large cameras! We’ve also got tanks, binoculars, and navigation (Tuesday 7, Wednesday 8, and Thursday 9 August)
- Expressing Speed (Tuesday 14 and Tuesday 28 August)
- Halloween Helicopters & Bonfire Blasters (Wednesday 24 – Friday 26 October)
- Finding Fairies trail: 6 August – 31 August (excluding 18 August)
- Terrific Toadstool trail (20-28 October)
- Marvellous Moths trail: 6 August – 31 August (18 August)
- Hair-raising Halloween trail (20-28 October)
Why not make a weekend of it by staying on our newly launched campsite? We have pitches available for tents and motorhomes, and with water and toilets on-site you’ll have everything you need to enjoy a night under the stars in comfort.
There is a restaurant and play area, and dogs are welcomed on site (please note that as a working airfield, they will need to be kept on leads). You can read more about our campsite here.
Camping can be combined with our events, some of which are outlined below. Please take a look at our What’s On page for more details on these and to book.
Chapterhouse Theatre Company Presents ‘Robin Hood and His Merry Men’ – Thursday 16 August 2018
Classic children’s tale suitable for all ages!
Picnic with family and friends in the picturesque Swiss Garden and enjoy this romp through Sherwood Forest!
For more information visit the Robin Hood event page.
Please note, if you wish to camp and attend these events then you will need to purchase an event ticket when you book your camping pitch. If you do not have a valid ticket then you may not be granted access to the campsite.