About The Shuttleworth Trust
The Shuttleworth Trust is a registered charitable organisation (no. 307534) created in 1940 by Dorothy Shuttleworth in loving memory of her son Richard, after his tragic death in a flying accident aged 31.
Our mission and purpose are for the: Promotion of Education and training in the science, practice and history of Aviation and Automotive transport; The promotion of Education and training in the science, practice Agriculture, food production and management of rural resources by making arrangements for the provision and conduct of a College.
A College, a Charitable Trust and a museum
Shuttleworth College first opened its doors to agriculture students in 1946, at the Old Warden Park Mansion House. The Shuttleworth Collection opened to the public in 1963, holding the first airshow in 1964.