The House was built in 1875, designed by the prominent Victorian architect Henry Clutton. It’s situated in 425 acres of beautiful parkland.
Gillows of Lancaster made many of the interior furnishings and there are several magnificent examples of 19 century paintings on the walls, produced by artists such as Sir Frank Dicksee, William Leader, George Vicat Cole and Frank Holl.
Today it is a popular venue for weddings, conferences and as a filming location for period dramas.
Afternoon Tea is available from March until October on selected dates. For groups of 10+ there is the option to combine with a tour of the Swiss Garden (for additional cost).
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The House is a Member of the HHA.