Shuttleworth is Covid secure across all Tiers.
In Tiers 3/4/5:
– The Swiss Garden, Parkland, Playground and Paddocks are open
– The Collection hangars are closed
– The Runway Café is open for a takeaway service and outdoor seating is available
– The gift shop is closed
– Shuttleworth House is closed
Keeping you safe at this time – our COVID security measures.
The safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff is paramount in these uncertain times. This is what we are doing to make sure your visit is COVID-secure
- We are offering 55 acres of gardens, parkland, and airfield viewing paddocks for a maximum of 1000 visitors.
- Spaces that remain closed are the Swiss Garden’s Grotto and Swiss Cottage.
- The Shuttleworth Collection’s six main hangars are closed in tiers 3/4/5, the engineering workshop remains closed. Please observe the directional arrows.
Here’s a short video explaining our current offering:
- We have trained all our staff and stewards on appropriate social distancing and COVID-security measures.
- We are reminding all visitors on entry that they must not enter the site if they feel unwell, have COVID-19 or are living with anyone with symptoms.
- All our public-facing staff are having a daily temperature check when they arrive at work to ensure they are not exhibiting any symptoms they have not yet identified.
Cleaning and hygiene
- Cleaners will be moving through our public spaces at all times to keep them clean.
- All potential touchpoints will have hand sanitizer at them, so if you do find yourself touching a surface, you are never far away from the ability to sanitise.
- Staff will be on hand to sanitise tables when they have been used.
- We are asking you to bring a contactless payment card for your admission and any other payments.
- Signage will remind visitors and staff to wash their hands appropriately and as frequently as possible.
- All our bins will be emptied regularly throughout the day.
- We have checked all our paths and spaces and closed any place where we cannot keep you safely socially distanced.
- Any areas where queues could build up with have appropriate social distancing marked out.
- Stewards will be on hand to suggest alternative facilities so you don’t have to queue.
- Signage will remind people to keep their social distance.
- In certain areas, stewards will be on hand to ensure people are able to socially distance.
Personal protective equipment
- Our customer-facing stewards will be wearing visors as a portable screen or masks.
- Our staff will wear recommended PPE for all first aid incidents.
- Anyone needing first aid will be asked to first don a face mask where this is practicable.
Suppliers and consumables
- Our catering suppliers have all submitted a specific COVID-security method statement and will be operating within our COVID-security guidance.
- All our facilities and catering suppliers have been sourced from the local area.
- We are not offering receipts for entry tickets unless specifically requested.
If you are visiting our site, we ask you to:
- Wear a face mask in our hangars and visitor centre while you are moving around.
- Stay 2 metres away from any of our stewards while you talk to them
- Bring your own sanitiser and PPE where you can
- Take your own rubbish home where you can
- Step onto the grass and off paths and roads within our site to allow social distancing if you are passing someone
- Adhere to our social distancing notices and markings
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell, are isolating due to a contact trace, or have Covid-19. If you have already bought an advance ticket, call us before 11 on the day of your ticket for a transfer to another day.
- If you become unwell on-site then please seek help/inform a member of staff or steward, they will call a first aider who will give you a face mask and assist you to safely leave the site.
- Please be kind and considerate to our staff, volunteers and other visitors and follow these rules/advice.
- We will ask everyone to supply some basic details for NHS Test and Trace. We encourage all our visitors to participate in this national effort to contain the virus. Your details will be stored for 21 days and supplied to NHS Test and Trace on demand.