Tai Chi at Shuttleworth
19 August, 3 & 17 September
(WELLBEING WORKSHOP) See dates below
ONLINE BOOKING ONLY
Tai Chi is recognised as a wonderful soft exercise and calming meditative movement. These exercises connect with traditional Chinese ideas about the natural development of Chi, leading to a quietly energised state of relaxation. It is excellent for people of all ages as it improves posture, balance and health. This event will be held on the croquet lawn, overlooking Shuttleworth House. Suitable for ages 16+.
About the Instructor
Ian is a 21st generation teacher of the Chen style Tai Chi lineage, who has studied in the UK and China. Ian’s classes are suited to beginners with no experience and to those who may wish to return to their study of Tai Chi – or simply to experience a different approach.
Start – 09.30
End – 10.30
Keeping you safe
- Please wear comfortable loose clothing and bring drinking water, a yoga mat, and your own PPE*.
- Each yoga pitch will be socially distanced, allowing Heather ample room to give individual attention to each attendee.
- Class numbers are limited.
- All our staff will be equipped with gloves for any transactions.
- Our customer-facing stewards will be wearing visors as a portable screen (some of our staff may be wearing face masks where it makes them feel more comfortable)
- Our staff will wear recommended PPE for all first aid incidents. Anyone needing first aid will be asked to first don a face mask where this is practicable.
- If you become unwell on-site then please seek help/inform a member of staff or steward, they will call a first aider who will give you a face mask and assist you to safely leave the site.
- Bring your own sanitiser and PPE where you can.
- Adhere to our social distancing notices and markings.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell, are isolating due to a contact trace, or have Covid-19. Contact us before 15.00 on the day to let us know.
- Please be kind and considerate to our staff, volunteers, and other visitors and follow these rules/advice.https://www.shuttleworth.org/covid19/
*Please note, Shuttleworth is not able to provide mats or PPE