Talk: Woodland Edge Gardening
Friday 6 March 2020
This talk focuses on the selection and cultivation of woodland plants together with design ideas and historical interest. After the talk, you will have free access to the Swiss Garden to explore at your leisure.
The key topics include:
1. What woodland means to humans, spirit/history/food/medicine/construction.
2. How a natural woodland works, layer planting and succession.
3. ‘Edge Theory’
4. Using Native species and exotics/ornamentals.
5. Planning, design and planting with case studies.
6. Wet/dry/light /shade and woodland soils.
7. What wildlife to expect.
8. Mother Nature and natural sculpture.
9. Q and A.
10. Quiz and small woodland prize.
10:45: Attendees start to arrive at The Garden Room. Tea and coffee will be available.
11:00: Talk and demonstration begins.
13:00: Talk Finishes. Cake served in the Garden Room.
13:30: Event finishes.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Please inform us of your special dietary requirements no later than 7 days before your visit.
Telephone Bookings – 01767 627 970
Email Bookings – firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions apply, Bookings subject to availability
Vouchers may be purchased as presents or gifts, for more information please contact us at the details below.
The Shuttleworth Gift Experience
Why not treat your loved ones to a gift experience here at Shuttleworth. Presented in a gift box with gift card and Shuttleworth keepsakes.
Find out more and purchase here www.shuttleworth.org/the-shuttleworth-gift-experience/