Hangar 5: Transport Pioneers
This hangar’s theme is pioneers of transport, including our earliest aircraft and the 1912 Blackburn Monoplane, which is the oldest British Aircraft still flying. Hangar 5 houses the main vehicle area, displaying cars, motorcycles and bicycles.
Use the Shuttleworth Discovery app here to find out more about the 1909 Blériot, the oldest aircraft still flying.
This hangar can be hired for private events.
Victorian & Edwardian aircraft
Follow the links to our Victorian & Edwardian aircraft to watch them in flight, and find out more information about each.
- c1894 Lilienthal ‘Normal Apparatus’ (replica)
- c1895 Otto Lilienthal ‘Kleiner Doppeldecker’ (replica)
- 1895 Pilcher Bat (replica)
- 1909 Blériot XI
- 1910 Bristol Boxkite (replica)
- 1910 Deperdussin
- 1910 Avro Triplane (replica)
- 1912 Blackburn Monoplane Type D