Entrance Hall

Inside the Entrance Hall, the eye is drawn immediately to the late Victorian Erard Grand Piano. The Shuttleworth Family enjoyed playing music immensely, and this piano also provided entertainment for recuperating soldiers during their convalescence when Shuttleworth House was opened as a Red Cross hospital during the wars.

A large rectangular library table sits on a Turkey Carpet that features the Shuttleworth coat of arms and motto in the centre, with the Shuttleworth crest at the angles.

Two paintings of the Shuttleworth Family can be seen on the walls, a double Portrait of Mrs Shuttleworth and her son, Richard, by Sir Frank Dicksee, P.R.A. (1853-1928), and a portrait of Colonel Frank Shuttleworth in the uniform of the 11th Hussars, English School (19th century).

 

browse the Shuttleworth House And Parklands