Shuttleworth House

Once the home of the Shuttleworth Family, this is now a well-regarded weddings and exclusive hire venue.

Shuttleworth House is a Member of Historic Houses

The history of Shuttleworth House

The Shuttleworth Family made their money through the family business of Clayton and Shuttleworth before Joseph Shuttleworth made the move to Bedfordshire.

Shuttleworth House, as it stands today, was built in 1875. The design is by the prominent Victorian architect Henry Clutton. It is situated in 425 acres of beautiful grounds known as Old Warden Park.

The interior retains period features in many of the rooms, and many of the furnishings were made by Gillows of Lancaster. The family was very fond of dogs and horses, which is evident in many of the paintings. Many of the artworks found throughout are 19th-century, produced by artists popular in the period including Sir Frank Dicksee, Benjamin Williams Leader, George Vicat Cole, and Frank Holl.

browse the Shuttleworth House And Parklands