Terms and conditions of entry
We want all our visitors to have a fantastic day out at Shuttleworth. Should you experience any problems during your visit, please ask to speak to the duty manager. This should be done on the day so that we can resolve any issues immediately.
- All tickets are non-transferable.
- Proof of ID may be required to purchase concession tickets.
- Each visitor with a disability may be accompanied by one carer on non-event days. During event days, each visitor will need a ticket.
- No dogs are permitted inside the visitor centre, hangars or the Swiss Garden, with the exception of assistance dogs.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission.
- No drone flying is allowed in or around the site at any time.
- A day admission ticket only provides access to Shuttleworth on non-event days.
- No commercial filming or photography is allowed unless prior permission is granted, and will be time limited and specific. Contact Ciara Harper.
Airshows and other events (The Collection, Swiss Garden, The House).
- Tickets for all events are non-refundable.
- Event tickets are valid for the date on the ticket only.
- Event tickets will be required as proof of purchase on entry to the Shuttleworth Collection.
- In the event of an airshow being cancelled, tickets are non-refundable. Vouchers will be issued for a future airshow on production of the original ticket.
- Events which are pre-book only will be unable to accommodate anyone arriving on the day without prior booking). This includes complimentary ticket holders.
- Unfortunately, we cannot control the weather! All flying at airshows and events is subject to weather, serviceability and operational commitments.
- Online booking – by purchasing an online ticket (which includes the requirement to supply an email address) you are agreeing that your email address will be added to our mailing list to receive emails from Shuttleworth about future events and news. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails at any time and your details will not be given or sold to any third party supplier.
- By purchasing a ticket via any means you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
Discount for groups of 10+ people available in advance only, not available on the gate. Please contact enquiries.
Gift Aid and Gift Aid Admission
If you feel you are able to support us in this way please complete the Gift Aid Declaration form on your arrival at the Museum. Alternatively if you feel able to make an additional donation you can download a form here and complete it and forward to us with monetary gift.
Why is The Shuttleworth Collection asking for donations on top of the entry fee?
The rules governing Gift Aid on admissions to charitable attractions like us changed from 6 April 2006. The Government’s new rules state that we’re only able to claim Gift Aid on daily admission tickets if visitors donate at least 10% more than the standard admission fee.
What is Gift Aid?
It’s an Inland Revenue scheme which allows charities to reclaim the basic rate tax you’ve paid as a UK taxpayer – an extra 28p for every £1 of the total paid. It makes a massive difference to charities like us.
Why should I make a donation?
Shuttleworth is an independent collection and a registered charity that does not receive any funding from Government or local authority. The Collection therefore depends heavily upon donations to carry out its work.
Who is eligible for Gift Aid?
Everybody is welcome to make a donation The Collection and as a charity we rely on support from a wide range of sources including admissions, donations and legacies to carry out our preservation, restoration and education work. However, only UK taxpayers can fill in the Gift Aid declaration which will enable us to make the claim from the Government.
Can I make a separate Gift Aid donation?
We will be pleased to receive any donation and if you are able to gift aid this, its monetary value will be increased at no extra cost to yourself. Please give this serious thought.
Where does the money go?
Making a donation today will enable the Collection to:
- Protect, preserve and restore the heritage and legacy of Richard Shuttleworth, for the enjoyment and education of all ages;
- Inspire young people, through the Shuttleworth story and heritage, to appreciate and pursue careers in engineering, science and technology;
- Build a secure financial future for this most important of aviation and motoring heritage sites
If you have any further questions about Gift Aid please do not hesitate to contact our finance department or visit the HMRC website.
You can also download a Gift-Aid-Declaration.