All you need to know to book a fun and memorable day out
Buy your general admission ticket online and it will be valid for 30 days (excluding events).
Summer Opening Hours
(15th Feb – 31st Oct 2021)
10.00 – 17.00
Last entry is at 16:30
Winter Opening Hours
(1st Nov 2021 – 13th Feb 2022)
10.00 – 16.00
Last entry is at 15:30
20th - 26th Dec 2021 and 1st Jan 2022
Our online daily admission ticket can be used multiple times for up to 30 days.
Not valid on air shows and events: see Terms and Conditions
Your daily admission ticket gives you access to explore almost 60 acres of Shuttleworth, including the famous Shuttleworth Collection, the beautiful Swiss Garden & the historic Lakeside Parkland with views of Shuttleworth House plus the children’s playground.
Our groups visit’s are designed for 10+ visitors. We have 3 main packages as well as our car and motorcycle club packages.
For more information click here.
Daily admission prices
Essential carers FREE
Please note: Shuttleworth is a cashless site. We only accept card payments.
Complimentary admission with a valid membership card
Shuttleworth Veteran Aeroplane Society (SVAS)
Friends of the Swiss Garden
Old Warden Model Aircraft Club
Aircraft Enthusiasts Group (WEDNESDAY meetings only)
Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) every THURSDAY
Gardeners World 2-4-1
Getting here by car
To find us please use this postcode and follow the Visitor Attraction signs – SG18 9DX
We are two miles due west of the A1 at Biggleswade, approx 20 miles from J13 on M1.
We have a new entrance that opened in July 2021, located on the B658 Shefford Road.
The old Collection entrance on Hill Lane is now for pedestrians and cyclists only. Please call the number on the gate for access.
Old Warden Park
Getting here by bike, foot, bus or air
Enjoy the beautiful Bedfordshire countryside and get here by bike or on foot.
By bike or on foot
Numerous footpaths and bridleways connect Shuttleworth to stunning walks and rides.
We have our own runway! To fly into Shuttleworth you must PPR – here are all the details.
Nearest railway stations
Biggleswade 3 miles
+ 10 min taxi ride or 45 – 60 min walk
Bedford Station 9.5 miles
+ 20 mins taxi ride
We have everything you need for a great day out
Our visitors tend to stay for most of the day, so we have great facilities to make sure you are comfortable throughout your visit. If there's anything you need, just ask one of our friendly staff.
Our multiple units can serve you across the site whenever you need refreshments with a great range of hot and cold drinks and locally-sourced food and snacks. The Runway Cafe is open every day from 10 to 5 with plenty of socially distanced warm indoor seating as well as lovely outdoor seating areas and picnic tables.
Well stocked shop
Our Shuttleworth Shop stocks an exciting range of gifts, books and mementos including our popular Shuttleworth branded clothing.
You can email email@example.com to order calendars and Shuttleworth merchandise.
A Shuttleworth gem and a local tradition, the outdoor playground at Shuttleworth is huge, secure, and offers a wide range of play equipment for all ages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the things people ask about most often. If you still can't find the answer, please give our Enquiries line a call on 01767 627933
The parking areas are located in the centre of our 60 acre site. Limited parking is available throughout the winter months our hardstanding, with parking increased on our grass paddocks throughout the summer season.
Given that you can start your journey with us anywhere on the site, our helpful team will endeavour to park you as close as possible or provide a lift on a buggy to your intended destination.
Did you know? – Cars were Richard Shuttleworth’s first passion and he raced the latest models all around the world, but came home to restore his ‘old crocs’ – the Edwardian cars that are still in the Collection today.
We welcome well-behaved dogs on leads in the airfield paddocks and parkland and Discovery Hub.
Dogs are not permitted indoors in the Hangars, Shop, Café or House.
Dogs are not permitted outdoors in the Swiss Garden or playground
Assistance dogs are permitted everywhere
Please note that there is no shade in our parking areas.
The Shuttleworth family adored dogs. You’ll find many of their favourites captured in portraits in the House, and don’t miss the Dog Cemetery in the Swiss Garden.
Keeping you safe at this time – our COVID security measures.
The safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff is paramount in these uncertain times. This is what we are doing to make sure your visit is COVID-secure
- All our indoor spaces are open with standard covid-secure measures in place.
- Please wear a mask in the Visitor Centre, including the shop, cafe and Discovery Hub.
- There are 60 acres of space at Shuttleworth so there is plenty of space for everyone
- We have trained all our staff and stewards on appropriate social distancing and COVID-security measures.
- We are reminding all visitors on entry that they must not enter the site if they feel unwell, have COVID-19 or are living with anyone with symptoms.
- We are part of the Goverment’s workplace testing scheme and encourage all our staff to take a Covid test twice a week.
- We have checked all our paths and spaces and closed any place where we cannot keep you safely socially distanced.
- Any areas where queues could build up with have appropriate social distancing marked out.
- Stewards will be on hand to suggest alternative facilities so you don’t have to queue.
- Signage will remind people to keep their social distance.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Our customer-facing stewards will be wearing masks or visors when they are indoors. If they are exempt, they will be wearing a sunflower lanyard.
- Our staff will wear recommended PPE for all first aid incidents.
- Anyone needing first aid will be asked to first don a face mask where this is practicable.
SUPPLIERS AND CONSUMABLES
- Our catering suppliers have all submitted a specific COVID-security method statement and will be operating within our COVID-security guidance.
- All our facilities and catering suppliers have been sourced from the local area.
- We are not offering receipts for entry tickets unless specifically requested.
If you are visiting our site, we ask you to:
- Wear a face mask in the Visitor Centre, including the shop, cafe and Discovery Hub.
- Stay 2 metres away from any of our stewards while you talk to them
- Bring your own sanitiser and PPE where you can
- Take your own rubbish home where you can
- Step onto the grass and off paths and roads within our site to allow social distancing if you are passing someone
- Adhere to our social distancing notices and markings
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell, are isolating due to a contact trace, or have Covid-19. If you have already bought an advance ticket, call us before 11 on the day of your ticket for a transfer to another day.
- If you become unwell on-site then please seek help/inform a member of staff or steward, they will call a first aider who will give you a face mask and assist you to safely leave the site.
- Please be kind and considerate to our staff, volunteers and other visitors and follow these rules/advice.
- We will ask everyone to supply some basic details for NHS Test and Trace. We encourage all our visitors to participate in this national effort to contain the virus. Your details will be stored for 21 days and supplied to NHS Test and Trace on demand.
30 day tickets
The 30 day tickets are valid for 30 days from the date of booking.
You can use them as much as you like during that 30 days.
Your ticket will be scanned when you return. You cannot transfer your ticket to someone else.
You do not have to use your ticket for the day you’ve booked it. If your plans change, you can just use it whenever it suits you within that 30 day period. However, your 30 days starts from the date it was booked for, not the date of first use.
You cannot use your ticket on event days when the whole site is in use, such as air shows. There are two air show days per month. Check out our Events page here.
We have three wheelchairs available free to use.
On busy days, such as weekends and school holidays, it is advisable to book your wheelchair in advance.
Call our Enquiries line on 01767 627933
We have plenty of open space, flat areas, ramps in the hangars, and exemplary covid-secure measures. Drop a line to us if you'd like to book a wheelchair. Our large site has a central parking location, so there is always a bit of a walk to get to all our key attractions. Please make our team aware of your specific needs on arrival. Given that you can start your journey with us anywhere on the 60 acre site, our helpful team will endeavour to park you as close as possible or provide a lift on a buggy to your intended destination. See our different area's accessibility below:
The Swiss Garden
The nine acre Swiss Garden has accessible paths throughout thanks to investment from the National Lottery Heritage Fund. There are seats throughout the Garden. There is a dedicated toilet block. Assistance dogs are permitted in the Garden.
The Collection hangars have ramps throughout as well a generous sprinkling of seating. The hangar doors are kept open except in very inclement weather so it’s easy to get in and out. There are toilets, including an accessible toilet, in a central block midway through the hangars.
The Visitor Centre
Our warm and spacious visitor centre offers seating and toilets. Assistance dogs are permitted and there is a hearing loop within the Discovery Hub event space.
Shuttleworth House has an accessible entrance and a wheelchair-capable lift to the main reception floors. The lift is not suitable for motorised wheelchairs. There are plenty of toilets and it has a large accessible toilet with a left hand transfer. There is a lift to the first floor. Assistance dogs are permitted in the House.
Please note Shuttleworth House is open on select days only.
Some feedback from our guests
Surpassed our expectations
My husband and I visited yesterday morning and the whole process surpassed our expectations. We thought everything was very well thought out, with plenty of parking space and nowhere did we feel crowded. We thought the catering especially noteworthy as we could see how clean everything was being kept.
A lovely day out
A beautiful day and stunning gardens and an interesting collection. Staff are friendly and helpful, the site is vast and it’s easy to spend a day there.
The staff on duty were all pleasant and helpful, there were plenty of toilets and I’ve never seen so much hand sanitiser. It was an added bonus that some of the aircraft were practising for a forthcoming display.
I think the way you have things set up puts a lot of much larger organisations to shame. Well done!