The Shuttleworth Trust is a charity. Find out more about us here.
The Richard Ormonde Shuttleworth Remembrance Trust is a charity number 307534.
It remembers the last heir of the industrial Shuttleworth fortune, his passion for racing cars and aeroplanes; his love of his Old Warden home, and the agricultural genesis of his wealth.
The Shuttleworth Trust exists to promote training and discovery in the knowledge and skills of agriculture and of aviation and automotive technology.
The ambition of the Trust is to be recognised as a world-class centre for skills and experiences.
The Trust has world class heritage; a secure rural estate; a strong College partner; an unbroken century of preserving unique heritage aviation skills; a loyal supporter base; and passionate staff and volunteers.
The objects of the charity include provision of a College, which lies at the physical heart of Old Warden Park.
Shuttleworth College is part of the Bedford College Group. It is a specialist land-based College, which offers agricultural and environmental education, as well as animal sciences, equine studies and outdoor adventure courses
Chair of the Board
- Edmund Wood
- Lord Cobham
- Patrick Cooper
- Roger ‘Dodge’ Bailey
- E Andrew Davies
- Simon Gardner
- Princess Xenia Hohenlohe
- Mike Johnston
- Tim Routsis
- Richard Graf von Waldburg-Wolfegg
- Charles Whitbread
- Anthea Harries
- Charles Griffiths
- John Brown.
Our principles guide our working environment decisions
- Treat each other with kindness and respect
- Make everyone welcome
- Learn from our mistakes when things go wrong and bounce back
- Equip and support our teams with modern day business skills
- Embrace commercial success in a way that respects our traditions
- Educate by telling stories and providing experiences
- Preserve our unique heritage and keep it in working order
Find out more about the Shuttleworth Trust’s Performance in our Annual Accounts.
2020 Shuttleworth Trust Accounts
2019 Shuttleworth Trust Accounts
2018 Shuttleworth Trust Accounts
The Shuttleworth Trust has a clear vision for the future that aims to put the Shuttleworth family story at the heart of the Trust and fuels its ambition to be recognised as a world-class centre for skills and experiences.
The Strategic Priorities that frame our Strategic Plan are:
- Invest in modern and heritage skills, training, education and discovery offering opportunities and experiences
- Build and implement an ambitious environmental strategy and a clear plan for our estate
- Tell the Shuttleworth story and use its characters and heritage to make sense of the site.
- Position the Trust as a valued local partner, a salient regional player, and a recognised national brand
- Grow and diversify our audience to at least match the growth and diversity of our region
- Build financial sustainability with a compelling visitor experience and sensitive commercial activity
Read more about our Shuttleworth Trust Strategic plan 2021-2026