Camping at Shuttleworth
Camping at Shuttleworth
Surrounded by beautiful Bedfordshire countryside, the campsite shares grounds with The Collection and The Swiss Garden and Shuttleworth House. Stay over to enjoy an air show for a peaceful weekend away, Shuttleworth Camping provides the ideal setting.
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, our facilities have been altered.
- Dogs on leads.
- Motorhomes, caravans, with their own toilet and washing facilities.
- Tents with their own washing and toilet facilities.
If you have any queries, please contact the camping team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Shuttleworth reserve the right to change these Terms at any time. Any such changes will take effect immediately when posted on the Website, on-site or otherwise brought to your attention. It is your responsibility to read the Terms each time you submit a Booking Request and any such request shall signify that you have accepted to be bound by the latest set of Terms. A copy of the latest set of Terms is available on the Website and upon request.
Bookings & Arrival / Departure
- When making a booking you agree that you or at least one member of your party is 18 years of age or over, you have the permission of all persons in your party to book on their behalf.
- Pitches are available from 12.00 until 20.00 on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 11.00 on the day of departure unless agreed with the Site Manager.
- For the purpose of security and health & safety, all visitors must book in with the Site Manager located at the camping area.
- On arrival at Shuttleworth please bring your booking confirmation with you.
- All payments are to be paid in advance.
- Bookings are non-transferrable
- Advance bookings are subject to a minimum stay of 2 nights
Stag, hen or similar parties are approved at the sole discretion of the Site Manager, this also applies to any groups of five or more camping units.
For group bookings, the names of all the adults in the party need to be provided at the time of booking. Failure to provide all the names may lead to the booking being cancelled or the Site Manager refusing entry to the site.
If not notified otherwise, your pitch will be held until dusk on the day of your arrival, after which it will be put up for re-sale and your booking treated as a cancellation with your monies retained.
On weekends where an event is taking place at Shuttleworth, an event ticket must be purchased at the time of pitch booking, no guarantee of entry will be given if an event ticket has not been purchased prior to arrival.
When leaving the site please follow the directional signs as they may differ from your arrival due to event restrictions.
Price does not include any additional services, features or facilities unless detailed.
Pitch prices are for the maximum number of persons per unit (i.e. 4 berth caravan is maximum of 4 people). On event days each person must have a valid event ticket.
Any promotions or deals are offered at the discretion of Shuttleworth, are subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- No commercial vehicles are allowed.
- Sleeping in cars or vans is not permitted unless the vehicle has a specially designed internal sleeping accommodation.
- Sign written towing vehicles are permitted on site provided campers are not trading or working from the site, however you may be asked to park your vehicle away from the pitch.
- Shuttleworth does not allow horse boxes or ladders to be present on your pitch.
In placing a booking with Shuttleworth, you agree that you and your party will at all times comply with the Site Manager and their team or representatives of Shuttleworth.
- The person who placed the booking is responsible for the behaviour of all members of the party whilst on site.
- Any wilful damage to the site will result in you being asked to leave the site immediately, no monies will be refunded.
Customers of Shuttleworth enjoy the environment, anyone who does not respect this, the Site Manager or representatives reserve the right to refuse admission or ask to leave the site at any time, in this situation, no money will be refunded.
The Site Manager reserves the right to ask any party for a security bond, this will be refunded at the end of your stay unless, the Site Manager or representative deems you have displayed unreasonable behaviour (this includes but is not limited to noise, wilful damage to the site or other people’s property and abuse to staff).
Dogs are most welcome but must be kept under control at all times. A maximum of 3 dogs per pitch is permitted. Please use the dog bins provided on-site.
The burning of wood is strictly prohibited. Charcoal only BBQs are allowed, providing they are raised off the ground. BBQs must not be lit until after 5:00 pm and must be extinguished by 10.30 pm. Open fires, fire pits and rope swings are also prohibited. No structures can be tied or secured to trees or vegetation. Any structures that are or are judged to be causing damage to the site will be taken down or removed. The Site Manager or representative reserve the right to do so without prior consent.
Due to the Live Airfield on site, no flags or flag poles may be attached without firm securement to the ground. Shuttleworth reserves the right to remove any poles or flags deemed unsafe.
- No drones allowed on site.
- No kites, sky lanterns, open fires or fireworks are allowed to be used on site.
- Toilet tents are only allowed to be used in the confines of pitch area.
- There is a 10mph speed limit throughout the site.
- Pitches should be left clean and tidy and rubbish deposited in the bins provided.
- For the enjoyment of all on-site, no musical instruments or loud music after 22.30. No music is allowed on site after 22.30.
- No driving allowed on site after 22.30.
- Staff will be available throughout your stay and an emergency number will be issued on arrival.
Please familiarise yourself with the position of the fire extinguishers. Do not attempt to tackle a fire unless practical to do so. Upon hearing an alarm please make your way to the assembly point which is opposite the entrance to the playground.
The Collection gates are open from 7.00 until 18.00 hrs and the Parkland gate open from 18.00 to 23.30. If access outside of these hours is required please speak to the Site Manager
- If you cancel your pitch prior to 7 days before arrival, you forfeit 25% of the total booking fee
- If you cancel your pitch within 7 days of arrival, you forfeit all money paid
- If you leave site early for any reason, no refund will be offered
- In the rare situation that Shuttleworth may have to cancel your booking, a full refund will be paid.
- If you wish to transfer your booking to an alternative date, all reasonable endeavours will be made, however, no guarantee is given.
Loss or Damage
You accept these Terms & Conditions and you agree to be responsible for any loss or damage caused by any member of your party or animal accompanying you.
Plan your visit
We’re open every day (apart from air shows and select events). There are no time limits to your visit (and free parking) so feel free to explore for as long as you like. Buy tickets at the gate or book in advance to get our exclusive offer – our online tickets give you free entry for 30 days!
Old Warden Aerodrome
Bedfordshire SG18 9DX
Summer opening hours (15 Feb - 31 Oct):
10.00 - 17.00 (last entry is at 16.30).
Winter opening hours (1 Nov - 12 Feb):
10.00 - 16.00 (last entry is at 15.30).